Monday, February 7, 2011


Score intern claims he delivered Rodgers' belt

SUPER BOWL
Packers linebacker Clay Matthews, left, and quarterback Aaron Rodgers. (February 6, 2011)

Packers quarterback had belt after Sunday's Super Bowl


Did you see Aaron Rodgers accepting the Super Bowl MVP trophy with the WWE Championship belt draped over his right shoulder?

An intern for WSCR-AM 670 says he supplied the prop.

"This was the first-ever Super Bowl that I have ever been to … a 24-hour drive to watch my team win … and the belt I wanted to give to Aaron, he got. I was absolutely thrilled," Mike Dubajic told us as he was driving back to Chicago from Dallas on Monday.

There are reports that others, including Dana White and Chuck Liddell, also gave Rodgers title belts. But Dubajic said his has a missing red gem and that is the one Clay Matthews handed Rodgers after the game.


Chicago Shopping Overwhelming Offers: Always 50% off or more from your favorite brands >>

Dubajic said he bought the belt for $375. "When I found I was going to the Super Bowl, I said, 'You know what, I'm going to bring this belt with me. I am going to give it a shot and see if I can give it to him.'"

Dubajic said he talked a Packers security guard into giving the belt to Rodgers.

"Lo, and behold, I saw the belt on TV (Sunday) and I knew it was mine because it had a missing gem. You can see in the picture that the gem is gone," he said.

Dubajic grew up in Chicago but has been a Packers fan since he was 8.

"When I started interning at the Score, I was nervous that I should tell them that. … But I slowly told them about it and they are pretty fair with me."