Sunday, September 12, 2010

Snippets of dialoge from Babylon V

I used to watch Babylon V with my son and nephews. J. Michael Straczynski wrote 92 of the shows' 110 episodes. Week in and week out, the writing soared with a force achieved only by the best poetry.

While engaged in the continuing spring clean up of the Black Hole of Calcutta, otherwise known as my bedroom, I found these snippets of dialogue from a show I watched on 17 August, 1995.


All life is transitory, a dream.
We will come together in time.
If I don't see you here again,
I will see you in a little while,
in the place where no shadows fall.


Faith manages.


As a young man, you were quite amusing.
You treated every situation as if it were a test.
Sometimes, the test is not to find the answer,
but to see how you react when you find there is no answer.


We honor the memory of those who are no longer with us.
We reach out in faith and hope and charity.
In that way, their passing will have meaning.