Monday, October 25, 2010

This is disgusting, so, of course I must

About a week ago our external computer modem fizzled out and went poof! With nary a technological IQ point in the entire household, we decided to wait until your next-door compter tech guy, Yu Hong, could look at it and advise what to do, what to do.

Sadly, even I know waht to do. Just purchsed a new external modem to replaced the fried one.

But, time marches on, and priorites flow, ebb, and receed, and, ours has been and internet-less household for a week.

THANKFULLY, we have a tremendous public library in town with over 20 computer terminals available for use by the public at large (one needn't be a resident, nor even a library-card holder to use one; because this is a PUBLIC library, offering its services to the PUBLIC).

So, my blogging has been done from the library for the past week or so. Including now, this magic moment.

So far have spent about an hour here, catching up on e-mail and checking out my blog stats. Holy smoke. TEA PARTIES scored many hits. Who cooda knowd?

If you're read this far, it's time to be warned: Here cometh the disgusting part.

So, after walking here, and hydrating like a fish along the way, in response to nature's call, I left my terminal (having marked "my" territory with a notebook and my Marlboro red backpack) to, how to say this artfully ... hmmm .... pee.

In the men's restroom, lest you had any doubts.

And in the men's restroom of this lovely library, there are two stall, and two urinals. This is disgusting, so, of course, I must go into detail. One of the urinals is "adult sized" and one is probably best characterized as "kiddie" sized.

On the tile floor in front of and on both sides of the "adult sized" urinal there is piss; and pubic hairs. JEEZ LOUEEZE. WTF is wrong with you people? With you guys? You need to stand closer. MUCH CLOSER, or, do as I did, and go to the kiddie sized, which you can stand over, and you just cannot miss.

PLEASE. PEOPLE.

Reminded me of the story told me by the fastest-witted, most nimble-minded human, most morally and intellectually upright human being I've known, the editor Georgine Cooper.

Her daughter Anna was observing as Georgine was cleaning one of the toilets. Curious, she asked about the stains along the bowel. Gerogine, never one to back away from a teachable moment explained this fact of life.

Anna replied: "Ugh! You better never let David get a gun."

From out of the mouths of children floweth much wisdom, insight, and understanding.