Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hello there all you international readers!

My stats tell me that you come from:



Denmark
           87
Germany          
 76
Singapore
         64
Russia
              59
Slovenia
          54
Canada
            46
United Kingdom
       46
Ukraine
                     28
Poland
     24
I suspect you Danes are here because of my Suicide Capital of the World (Greenland) post.
The Germans - hmm ... well, Ganzer is assuredly a German name
Singapore - what an utter delight!  Anything to do with the China posts?
Russia - wow! My all time favorite music.  Played March Slav on the French Horn for a state band competition (individual), wonderful
Sang the Russian Vespers in 1993, but couldn't afford to go to Oberamague with the New Oratorio Singers; the deeply discounted cost (males got a big cut - some kind of circumcision, I guess) wold still have been out of pocket the same amount of money as one month of my then 9-year-old son's health insurance premiums.
Slovenia - am only guessing - a Bolchazy-Carducci connection, perhaps?  Lou bolchazy will be delighted to know.
Canada - spent a lovely 5 days there on a Fall foilage bus tour of Quebec province - plus duplicate bridge. WONDERUL experiences, only wonderful.
Ukraine - not sure why, but sure am honored.
Poland - Steve, the Polish man walking the dog I met in the park on North Foster Avenue taught me how to survive in Chicago without stealing (I turned to petty car theivery - breaking and entry - to scoop up loose change to support my food needs and alcohol and tobacco habits. So, to learn how to survive without stealing, is a rather refreshing place to be.

I'd be delighted to receive some correspondence from any or all of you. Melanie Mattson, the Princess of Pith taught me how important it is to respond promptly to those who take the
time to write to you.  she always found the time for me.  God bless you, lovely lay