Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Some days, things align so well that it becomes impossible to escape one's destiny!

I ran into Joe Cantafio, Executive Director of National Veterans Museum (www.nvmuseum.com) today at the gas station in town that we always go to (SHELL).  I told him how great a performance he gave back in Barrington, on 11 September, 2004, to kick off the nationwide tour of military bases and eventually going to Iraq (subsequently also to Afghanistan) to play music to entertain the troops.

Then I mentioned that I am a recording musician, for the month of January, 2011, the world's most prolific recording musician, having cut six CDs and a 30 minute DVD.

He gave me his card and said, "Give me a call.  We're always looking for people to play for the vets!"

BE STILL MY HEART!

Then I wrote him this e-mail:
----------------------------------------

Great running into you this morning at the gas station. How timely and fortuitous for me!


PUT ME IN COACH, I'm ready (waiting and EAGER) to play!


Just give me 24 hours notice (my schedule is, ahem, how does one say this, incredibly light, at present).

Also, let me know how many hours you want me to play for. Can handle up to six hours easily enough (and more is certainly possible).

I have transportation issues (have stolen cars - which resulted in the transportation issues) so I need a little lead time to get the travel plans alll laid out. I travel light, just a key board and a mic, no PA at the present moment, although, my brother-in-law, also a recording musician has all the bells and whistles one might ever need and has expressed his willingness to help me out, if "heavier lifting" needs to be accomplihsed.

Here's a couple of YOUTUBE links from when I recorded and overlaid multiple tracks, OR, had the opportunity to record with serious studio guys.


http://youtu.be/UYlo70FGxPg (Freedom / Motherless Child - Richie Havens improv used to open @ Woodstock - with a little help from me friends, Bill lRapp, and a young mand who manages the 50% off used book store on Rnad Road)


http://youtu.be/vNvF4A_TRUE (St James Infirmary - from one of my solo recordings {the one-take only series) in January, 2011})

My more recent albums (since 2011) are concept albums - for the most part, taking a theme and running with it. My first 2011 album was a double CD - DEDICATION, which was dedicated to a friend of mine who argued his illegal political-motivated imprisonment in Attica on the floor of the United Nations, and won his release (the only American to have ever done this). The second of the two CD's in this package considered what the prisoner thinks about upon being released - well, family, God, country, time, freedom - what else? And so, I have attached one of the medleys from the CD:


My Country 'Tis of Thee -  America the Beautiful -  All Through the Night

Very excited about the opportunity to work with / for you and for US vets everywhere (my Uncle, 1st Lt James Raymond Hockett, was mortally wounded near Trey Ninh, Viet Nam, circa 23, Sept, 1968; I dedicated my fifth CD, Pro Pax, to him).

Good health to you, peace, tranquility, equanimity, insight, understanding and blessings upon you, and upon all of them that you love, and upon all of those that love you (including the 4-leggeds, the wingeds, and the finneds).

Mark Raymond Ganzer
--------------------------------------------

I think maybe NOW is a good time to get State of Illinois approval of my not-for-profit fund-raising corporation - The Buck an Hour Fund-Raising Concert Tour.