Sunday, January 30, 2011

REMEMBERING THE SAINT, MELANIE MATTSON - AND THE DAY SHE LOST HER BELOVED MAINE COON - ROSA

Mark,

Thank you for all this.  You'll find me in a depleted
state today.  I lost my beloved Maine Coon, Rosa, to
multiple organ failure this morning.

Melanie

mark ganzer <ganzerm@msn.com> wrote:

 Hi Mel,
 
 I've been out of town, away from computers,
 telephones, snail mail, and 
 network television for the past 3 days.  Something
 about a dysfunctional 
 family situation in which I acquiesce too much power
 to my father -- the 
 power to suck the joy of life and living from my
 veins -- a vampiric state 
 of affairs.
 
 So I ran away from home to my real home at a tavern
 in Lake County which I 
 once described, in a letter to my son, as God's
 country, to be among God's 
 chosen people.
 
 Have had some wonderful conversations with my folks,
 sisters, 
 brother-in-law, nephew and son wherein I have
 instructed them as to my 
 birthday and Christmas gift wish lists.  They have
 all agreed to contribute 
 money to a few of my favorite bloggers.
 
 For the record, you are my favorite. Steve Gilliard,
 Bob Somersby, Digby and 
 Arthur Silber make it a prime five.
 
 So, with the exception of my nephew, the Burroughs
 freak, on their birthdays 
 and for Christmas, I will be donating the token
 about of coin that I would 
 otherwise have spent on them, to you few bloggers,
 who have meant so much to 
 me.  And for my birthday, and for Christmas, they
 will donate to you in 
 appreciation of me.
 
 Talk is cheap, I know.  My sister Gay's birthday is
 November 9.  My sister 
 Marianne's birthday is November 8.
 
 Sorry for the delay, but I've done gone and cahsed
 out my chips during the 
 run away to home act of political statement.
 
 Hope all goes well in your world, that you can get
 whatever it takes to 
 refresh and renew you for all the good, and good
 works you do.
 
 Sincerely, and in deep appreciation,
 
 Mark
 
 p.s. -- If ever you find yourself in the Chicago
 area, with time to slay, 
 please give a call to (847) 381-6595, or send a
 postcard to
 
 1004 S. Grove Ave.
 Barrington, IL 60010-5025
 
 I'd love to spend time talking/plotting with you,
 and would be honored to 
 show you my Godly world, hidden in plane sight in
 unincorporated Lake 
 County, where Hell's Angels have retired to build
 communities and raise 
 their children.