Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tip Mr. RHS is Thursday - By Caitie Karcher, Contributing writer Saturday, January 29, 2011

Coming up on Jan. 27 is the annual Tip Mr. RHS at Bedrock’s in Reedsport. The fun starts at 5 p.m. and goes until 9 p.m. All proceeds will go to Sacred Heart Medical Center’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to help provide services to save premature babies.


During this fundraiser you can tip the Mr. RHS contestants who will be serving you, and even ask for special services, such as singing a song or dancing.

“Last year I paid a couple of the boys to kiss my little sister. It was definitely worth it,” said senior coordinator Rebecca Hedges.

Contestant Sean Halstead said, “I want to make some good tips for the babies by working my cutie-patootie off. I’ll even give you a live show.”

The Sacred Heart Medical Center visit is also swiftly approaching. The boys will be able to go into the NICU, a rare honor that most never receive. This will allow the boys to find out what exactly they’re doing the pageant for.

“I’m doing this to help save lives, because my future goal in life is to help save lives,” said Tyler Hoffman, one of the 12 senior boys who are competing for the title of Mr. RHS. “Saving the babies is a good place to start.”

We hope to see you Thursday at Bedrock’s. Help us make some miracles happen.